The Pennsylvania Society of Directors of Volunteer Services (PSDVS) is a comprised of directors, managers, and coordinators who oversee volunteers in Pennsylvania health care settings such as hospitals, hospices, and long-term care facilities with nursing staff. There are three chapters of Eastern, Central, and Western (see map). Members can attend meetings in any locale throughout the year.
PSDVS is a member of the Association for Healthcare Volunteer Resource Professionals (AHVRP) which is guided by the American Hospital Association (AHA).
"What I love about being a member of PSDVS is the mentoring and support that is freely given from experts in the field! I have learned so much and continue to do so! - Beth Fogel, Director, Volunteer Services, Sacred Heart Hospital, Allentown, PA
Benefits of Membership
- Answers to questions about ever-changing state and national regulations and procedures required of health care providers and the role of the Volunteer Services Department within the organization.
- Problem solving to improve and revitalize the choosing, orientation, and training of volunteers.
- New ideas volunteer programs, materials, and events.
- Networking opportunities with members who are dealing with similar problems and situations.
- Professional development - educational sessions held at quarterly meetings.
- Yearly conference held in the autumn that features world-class presenters and interactions with colleagues from around the state. Conference is hosted by each chapter on a rotating basis.
- List of members throughout the state with their contact information.
- Website containing useful resources and answers to members' questions including an opportunity to post requests for answers and situations one is dealing with in their facility.
- Newsletter sent electronically throughout the year.
Join by filing out an application PSDVS - Membership Flyer - 2014.pdf and returning it to the appropriate person.